Thursday 1 January 2009

2009 & lot's of photos!


Christmas Eve was busy, Jonathan was working and Mum had the children whilst I nipped off for a manicure, then I met mum and Dad in town with the children for lunch, we then pottered around in town for a while before heading to church for the crib service, this year Henry was a king and Evie an angel. It's a lovely service and this years performance was 'Jesus party' - we already had the book at home so knew the story quite well.
After that we were off home to sprinkle reindeer food and put the sherry and mince pie out for Father Christmas!
We had a lovely Christmas here, with Jonathan only getting the two day's off everything is always pretty rushed, but we really relaxed on Christmas day, Henry managed to wait until 6.50am before he came in our room and so we got Evie up and together went down to the sitting room to see if 'he'd' been! (which he had) Evie was SO excited, so was shaking with anticipation -this is her first Christmas she will remember.




We also managed to have Sarah, Neil and Euan over for Champagne and then get Evie down for a nap whilst I had a lovely long bath before we headed off for a late lunch at my brothers.







Lunch was excellent, but I was very controlled and didn't over eat, which felt nice! We stayed until mid evening and then got the children home to bed ready for an early start on Boxing day - we made a last minute(ish) decision to go and visit Jonathan's parents in Margate, without telling them, so we left at 8am and arrived around 10.30am only to find they were just getting up - Jonathan's brother and girlfriend were also staying and due to other issues had never met the children before, so it was a really good day.

Sunday we went to see Puss in Boots at the fantastic theatre we have here in Bury - Evie's first panto and she loved it!
New Years Eve we had nothing planned but headed into town with the children for an early evening dinner at Pizza Express which was lovely, then I have to admit I was asleep as mid night came, new year's is not my thing! And New Years Day has been spent relaxing at home for the first time in years as my Grandad always had a New Years Day party, which then my brother took over and this year my mum had one, but kept it small, so it was nice to not feel like we had to attend! Our first New Years Day doing nothing for 12 years!

I will be so pleased when normal routine returns next week, the children need it too, especially Evie, who will be starting pre-school two mornings a week this term - hurrah!
So Happy New Year to you all ! xx

1 comment:

Sandie said...

Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one that was asleep before midnight!!! Happy New Year hun xx