Tuesday 23 December 2008

It's just about here!

Christmas eve (and here I am up and awake at 5.30am!) I am done except for a pile of ironing then I'm off for a manicure, lunch out and then the crib service at our church - perfect. Of course poor Jonathan will be chained to the shop all day waiting for all those drunk men to fall out of the pub and realise they still haven't brought their wives a gift yet!

Okay, let's just get Anthea out the way!:

*Lay the table

*Prepare as much as you can for the Christmas meal

*Get out all the serving dishes you will need

* prepare the after dinner coffee tray

That's it!

Because I have been pretty much up to date (and we are at my brothers on Christmas Day!) I have been busy crafting - something I never usually do this close to Christmas. I found a banner like this on Two Peas and was desperate to make one myself! Please excuse the photos, the light was awful!

Also made another of Annie's Christmas decor projects from the Scrapping Angels workshop, this time a smaller JOY one for Jonathan's parents and a mini book for Jonathan's brother whom we may meet on boxing day (he has never met the children, but that is a whole other story!)


This is a wooden Joy I got in Homebase last year and just got around to altering with Basic Grey papers:




Found this little project in December's issue of Creating Keepsakes and fell in love with the quote that had been used from The Grinch:


These star's are from a Basic Grey kit, they are definitely a bit tricky, but the finished result's I love!


Also made 5 of these little Doodlebug albums for family cracker gifts:


And made the children one of these note pad's each to go with some pencils I got them as 'table gifts'! Really pleased with the way they turned out.


We have made last minute plans to drive to Margate on Boxing Day to visit Jonathan's parents, we are quite worried about his mum's health (both his parents are in their 80's) and Jonathan and his brother are never in touch and we hope he will be there so we can break the ice a bit, they need to be talking if anything happens to their parents! Families hey! So I made a last minute Lasagne ready to take with me, the Salmon Couilibac can wait until New Years Day!

So Anthea's final countdown words are:

Finally, hang up the stockings, put the champagne on ice, relax and get ready to enjoy the celebrations!

xxx

3 comments:

Dawn said...

what lovely projects Sara, you have such a good eye.
I would like to wish you and all of yours a Very Merry Christmas and look forward to seeing you next year xxx

Sandie said...

Crikey you have been busy crafting!! Gorgeous projects Sara! Have a fabulous Christmas, and I hope to see you in the New Year sometime xx

Ann(i)e Hafermann said...

wow my dear....you are so on top of things!! love your banner and that little 2008 book....your key chains are so cute too!
hope all your celebrations go wonderful!!
we miss you!
and thanks for the award...i will post it on my next go round!
xoxo
annie