Tuesday 25 November 2008

Back home

Had a lovely few days away with Jonathan, the weather was perfect and we stayed in a very beautiful village in the Yorkshire Dales called Askrigg, I would really recommend. We visited Rippon which has an amazing Cathedral
Also had a day in Harrogate which is gorgeous. We wanted to have a coffee break in Betty's but the queue was out of the door, so we just peeped in the window! Also managed to see Quantum of Solace at the cinema. We spent the last day looking around Leyburn and Hawes then an afternoon spent watching DVDs in our room (Jonathan's knee was pretty sore and swollen by that stage!) We also went to see these beautiful falls
Saturday we woke to a very pretty sprinkling of snow and we headed down to Sheffield to visit our dear friends Jim and Pauline. We spent a great evening with them, their friends and family at their Ladies night which was great fun!
So now I am home and trying to get organised. The most important thing is to get the Christmas cards finished and written. I only have a few odd presents left to buy.
Two tips - one I read in a magazine is to set up a 'wrapping table' in your spare room so you can leave all the bits and pieces out for when needed. And secondly I was left a comment by Goosey letting me know that Fly Lady has some great tips.
Remember to check out Etsy for some amazing presents and I will be back on Thursday for another Anthea countdown!
xx

2 comments:

domestic goddess said...

i so need to get back to fly lady!
glad you ahd a lovely few days away, see you next weekend xxx

Lisa Olson said...

Well Sara I am exhausted just reading it, I am usually done by now, I usually have bought and wrapped made and written everything but this year I am not even started. Its a first for me but I know I have no work after next week so will have time to do it.

Hey ho!!!