Wednesday 29 October 2008

Photos & Christmas Countdown

Okay, let's start with the photos! This is a selection of photographs from our family photo shoot in the Abbey Gardens last week - told you Anna was fab! If you are interested in having any taken get in touch with her quick - before it's too late!!










Half term is going by quickly, yesterday the children went to a holiday club run at the pre-school as they were having an Egyptian day (one of Henry's favorite subjects!). I booked them in from 8am - 1.30pm and managed to bike to Annie's for her to scan some photos ready for the weekends workshop, then to the sorting office to collect a parcel and then home to do a little paperwork and housework, finally I went for a swim - a proper grown-up swim with no children hanging around my neck! I think it's the first time I have done that since before Henry was born and it felt great! When I went to pick the children up they had had a great time and Henry was not happy about having to go home.
This afternoon we dropped Evie off with Nana & Gaga and took Henry to spend his birthday money, (a big box of Star Wars Lego!) then MacDonald's and the cinema - we saw IGOR, Henry loved it but Jonathan & I thought it was really boring - Jonathan even managed a doze! It's always nice to spend a bit of time with Henry on his own though as it so rarely happens!
Anyway - to the Christmas Countdown, yup 8 weeks to go!!!
So, I am going to give you Anthea Turners 8 week check list from her new Christmas book.
* Plan your Christmas meals-make lists of all the food and drink you will need.
* Plan your Christmas entertaining-make lists of everything you'll need.
* Send out your invitations.
* Place orders for drink and food. Remember to order your Christmas meat.
* Check you've got enough cutlery, china and glasses, particularly if your entertaining. If your short of large serving dishes and bowls try to borrow from a friend before going out and buying or hiring them. Order any glasses, china or equipment you will need to hire, or try Homebase and Ikea, which can sometimes be cheaper than hiring.
* Write out your gift list. Set a budget and try and keep to it.
* If you are making your own Christmas cards, start now - if you haven't already made them.
* Plan the theme for your Christmas decorations.
* Buy wrapping paper, ribbons and trimmings if you didn't stock up in the January sales.
* Start adding a few Christmas items to your weekly shop
* If you are making them, now is the time to make your Christmas cake and pudding.
* Check last posting dates and write them on your calender. Don't forget overseas dates if you need them.
* Book Christmas and New Years taxis.
* Arrange a babysitter if you are going to need one at any time in December. They'll quickly get booked up, especially over weekends.
* Clean out the freezer-it's time to dump the mystery packages lurking in the depths. Try to use up as much food as you can to make room for your Christmas foods.
* Have a pre-Christmas turn out in the house.
Well that's it on the Christmas countdown until six weeks before, I expect you all to be so organised this Christmas! I have already had the pre-Christmas turn out as I got the children to do it before their birthdays! And I am hoping to get my Christmas Cards made in the next week (I hope!). The only thing is I lost all my addresses on my laptop when it died earlier in the year so I am slowly getting them put back on ready for printing envelopes.
I am also going to make our Christmas cake and pudding at the weekend, if you would like the recipes check out my new recipe blog!
I look forward to reading your comments and seeing any recipes you have to share!

3 comments:

domestic goddess said...

really enjoyed being your photographer last weekend :),
how can you think about Christmas, LOL, i still have Halloween and bonfire night to get out the way!
see you sunday xxx

Dawn said...

I feel exhausted just reading that list - lovely photos by Anna but then it does have a lot to do with the subjects in them :-)Have a great time on Sunday, will be thinking of you all

Lisa Olson said...

Aw Sarah what lovely phots, what a lovely family you have too.
Blog candy alert over at my blog.